Wednesday, August 19, 2015

What is the Cost of Love?


I gave you my heart for safety
But You crushed it to pieces
My life I gave for your peace
But you devalued my existence
My blood I wished to shed
But you asked for a river flow
What do I offer to see love in your eyes?

I wish for the stars for you
But you asked for the sky
I presented a home to you
But you wanted the world
I prayed for your uplifting
But you wished to fly high
What do I present to feel your love?

I offered to you a ring
But you cut off my fingers
A bright sunrise and sunset
But you wished for a downpour
A field where you can sow
But you wanted to reap an harvest
What do I give to have your love?

I gave you flowers
But you wanted a tree
I wept because of you
But you blinded my eyes
I wished you lived in light
But you chose darkness
What do I make for you to love?

I gave you natural beauty
But you wanted artifices
I showed you the way to life
But you walked the path of death
I made to fill your heart with love
But you preferred it Void
What will I show for you to accept my love?

I wished for years in your arms
But you couldn't spare a minute
To hear you speak words of love
But you could only scorn my need
I wished to be served at your table
But you wanted to trample on me
What can I do to have you value my love?

I gave my everything to you
But you wanted something more
The world I placed at your feet
But you choose to have the universe
I made all sacrifices you asked
But you kept asking for more
What then is the cost of love?

Kindly show some love by sharing these thoughts and other Ono Pink Journal posts on your social network pages :) (Facebook, twitter handle etc...), thanks.
You may also like to read
 Healing For The Assaulted Soul
The Unspoken Words!

Photo Source: Google
Do have a fruit bearing day and don't forget "life is worth living and people worth loving."  Cheers!

1 comment: