Sunday, April 19, 2015

What Are You Talking About?

We spend our lives each day being reminded by our elders, pastors, friends, family and even ourselves, how powerful the mouth is. Actually the speaking action it performs. The words that comes out of our mouth will either make or break, destroy or build, protect or hurt etc. Need not I remind you of the Zulu king Goodwill Zwelithini of his hate speech that literally led to the violation of human rights, death and lost of properties. That's how powerful words can be.

 What you say from the time you wake up in the morning and go to bed at night not only influences your day, it influences the entire outlook and direction of your life (Isaiah 65:16). Your own words have more power to affect you then anybody else's. Ultimately! When you ask God for specific thing (s) you need get in harmony with him by saying what He says about you (Ephesians 4:29). Before you say anything ask yourself how it'll benefit you. This also will help you in staying away from gossip, fault finding and negative remarks that can be destructive.

Whenever we face new challenges like changing a career, starting a new relationship, going back to school after having left years ago etc there's likelihood of you thinking you won't be upto the task. You'll probably build a case against yourself by speaking words that undermine your confidence along these lines: I don't think I can do this... Well, let me try... I'm doing it, but not so well..I made a mistake, maybe I can't do this... Oops! I'm doing better... Maybe I should try again later...I don't think people like what or how I do it much.. I'll give it one more shot. In all of these, you should know that God who created you has pre-programmed you to handle new situations, to change and grow (Proverbs 18:20 & 13:3). Learn to do away with the "I can'ts" and move on with "I can." And let your self talk reflects the picture of the scripture of your future. Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Interesting and insightful thoughts, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so true...we should always think before we speak, especially when angry or full of strong emotion.
    Words really do have the ability to make or break almost every endeavour.
    Yes...let's throw out the "I can'ts" and substitute "I can"...and move on to a much better life!:)
    Many thanks for a brilliant and thought-provoking post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that line: Before you say anything, ask yourself how it will benefit you.
    Nice post.

    Rellanaija.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I truly can. I formed a new habit some years back, to always proclaim positvity into my life bo matter how dire the situation is. It truly does work cos before you know it, God comes through by showing me a way to handle the seemingly tough situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is power in the tongue. Watch what you say to yourself and others.

    Please click on my name for Fashion/Fitness/Beauty tips

    ReplyDelete
  6. La actitud del pequeño frente a la fobia y el comportamiento del pequeño fóbico están íntimamente ligados.


    Also visit my web page; diagnostico y rehabilitacion neuropsicologica buap

    ReplyDelete