Tuesday, August 04, 2015

CHIC: He Came on Bended Knees and Left me with a Broken Knee and Heart.

Welcome to another Tuesday of comic heart issue compilation (CHIC). Our elders says "the stubborn  fly will accompany the corpse to the grave." It baffles me how ladies time without number ends up being victims of lies and deceit, despite the numerous books and preachings on relationship. Do we ever listen? Well, I hope someone will learn something from today's story that 'all that glitters are not gold.' Enjoy reading.

Life they says isn't fair and it hurts more when you are the one creating the unfairness as it is in my case. Tears has ran dry in my eyes, yet I still wish to cry more. "I wish" has become my new slogan. Sorry, that I can't help lamenting this bad. I was told and seriously warned but did I listen? No. Because if I had, I won't be sending this post to onopinkjournal right now, hopefully someone will learn from my story.

Precisely a year ago, I attended a crusade and as the man of God was praying and walking round, He stopped where I was standing and said to me ' do not quit the relationship, you are in. God will perfect all that concerns you.' He looked at my friend and said 'be her strength when she becomes weak.' We stared at each other long after he has gone on to the other side of the arena. I must confess I don't believe in all these prophets said this or that. I feel its hungry prophets that does that to exploit money from people. But my friend pressurized me into attending the program. Trust me; I had it hot with her that night for going behind my back to tell the pastor about my relationship or how did he know I was planning to quit my present relationship because he has lost his job and finding problem in securing another. Me, I nor won suffer at all. Shuoo, I nor get, I go kon marry man wen nor get. That nai arm robber motor I enter be that. Well, after what the prophet said, I decided to perch and see if things will change. By the way, I do love my guy but just too scared of living in lack and want.

Little did I know my decision won't last more than a day, because on my way from work I decided to get some money from the bank ATM. After making my withdrawal boommm I bomerang into some guy as I made to turn. I guess he was too much in a hurry to let me get out before rushing in. Of course I vented my annoyance but his sweet apologetic smile got the next word stuck in my tongue. He pleaded as others joined him that I couldn't help but let it go. I was still standing by the road side when he made to drive out of the bank area. He stopped upon seeing me and the rest became a long story. In less than three months, I was floating on planet earth. And yes, he's very good at apologies. When he offends you; he goes on his knees  and doesn't waste time to accept my apology. well I refused to sleep with him though because I was still dating my first boyfriend and all advice and reminder of what the prophet said from my dear friend  fell on deaf ears.

The day, I called it quit with my first guy, I decided to start the escapade with my spoiler dude. And that became my biggest mistake after two months. Because I got pregnant and at the same time found out my lover has married some other lady and was in town for a year contract and didn't want anything to do with me if a child is involve. Na so I kon dey waka for road unconcious of my environment, trust okada riders will really help you loose consciousness since it's what you desire. Before I realised it, one has crushed me and left me with a dislocated knee cap and a mis-carriage in the hospital for months. By the way my ex boyfriend has gotten another job and happily married.  Thanks to my friend who atleast listened to the prophets instruction and stuck by me all through my trying time of battling with operation on my knee for me to be able to walk again by footing my bills when all I got from lover boy got exhausted. I'm forever grateful to her. And above all to God that didn't let me lose my life in the process, for giving me a chance to write my story and learn to be obedient to his words from this day on.

That's CHIC for today from onopj, till next week Tuesday again, have in mind; no matter how life treats you, it is still worth living and people worth loving. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. What I really love about your blog is how you always make me think...and ask, "Why is life like this?"

    Thank you so much for another slice of life...that we can all relate to, wherever we originate from or currently live.

    You are amazing! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite sad.

    But I just wonder.

    Why can't some women also be industrious and have enough to take care of themselves at least? So taking care of you doesn't have to be a such a big deal, especially when he is going thru a rough patch.

    Its not so good for women to depend entirely on men. Do something for yourself. It will help you in making confident decisions.

    ReplyDelete