Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Heartbreaking Photos Of Starving ‘Witch’ Boy Attracts Huge Donations

The heart-breaking photos of a little boy left to starve to death in Calabar because he was suspected to be a witch has attracted huge donation over a £100,000n and drawn attention to the issue of superstition across Nigeria.
 
However, he was miraculously rescued by a Danish aid worker, Anja Ringgren Lovén, who shared the photos and story on Facebook, saying;

"Thousands of children are being accused of being witches and we’ve both seen torture of children, dead children and frightened children.

"This footage shows why I fight. Why I sold everything I own."

After adding that Hope was in hospital and that donations were being accepted to help his recovery, over 1 million Danish kroner (around £103,000) was donated in two days.
Hope is now stable in hospital. Anja added: "He is a strong little boy. To see him sit and play with my own son is without a doubt the greatest experience of my life.

"I simply do not know how to describe it in words. This is what makes life so beautiful and valuable and I will let the pictures here speak for themselves."

Well, as from Nigerians I am yet to hear about a thousand donation. Please I stand to be corrected if any has been made to better this little boy's life and that of many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment