Thursday, October 15, 2015

My Late Wife and Daughter will make Heaven says Widower of Festac Robbery.

On Tuesday, 13th October, I made a publication of an ongoing robbery of two banks in Festac town, Lagos. Which ensued into a gun battle with the police and the robbers. This led to a woman and her daughter been killed by flying bullets.


According to Vanguard: Mr Peter Ndirika, 42, husband of the woman killed alongside her one year,  two months old baby by bullets from rampaging robbers that attacked two banks at 4th Avenue, Festac Town, Lagos, on Tuesday, said yesterday that his late wife and baby would make heaven.

This came on a day policemen from the Anti-Bomb Squad and other sections under the Lagos State police command were sighted at the affected banks, taking  finger prints.

However, vanguard gathered that an inquiry would be instituted against the mobile policemen deployed to guard the affected banks.

Ndirika, an evangelist in the Lord’s Chosen Church,  reportedly left his home that fateful day with a goodbye wave from his wife, Jane, unknown to him that it was a final farewell.  Unfortunately, when he returned home, he reportedly met his apartment on Road 8 in disarray, with blood stains on the wall.

How he heard the bad news
Narrating how the sad news was broken to him, Odirika said:  “When I got back home in the evening, I saw blood every where and  people in the house. My wife’s relative, a lady, was cleaning the blood and at the same time exclaiming, ‘My sister! My sister!.’  When I asked what happened to her sister, my wife, she kept quiet. Those around simply told me to go to the hospital at First Gate. When I got there, I saw my wife lying lifeless.

The next question I asked was where was my daughter . I was also told she had been taken to  Navy hospital at Satellite town. Immediately, I moved my wife’s corpse to  the Lord’s  Chosen  Hospital, from where she was transferred to Alimosho General Hospital where she  worked as a nurse. It was at the hospital that she was confirmed  dead. As if her death was not enough shock, I received a phone call from my wife’s younger brother who told me that my baby was dead also.”

She was a loving companion
Describing his late wife as his best friend, Ndirika said she was also known for her service to humanity. He said: “My wife worked  for humanity. She was always out to make people happy, especially the less privileged. She was a loving companion.  But we don’t have to blame anyone, even  God who allowed it to happen because I believe there’s nothing that will happen in this world without God’s permission.

‘’Rather, we should  all learn from what has happened. I know that my late wife and little daughter  are in heaven.  And to all of us that are still living today, we will meet her someday because death is inevitable.

‘’What matters most is where you are going to spend your eternity at the end of this life and I am confident that she will make heaven. So, the opportunity that we have to live everyday is  a privilege to move closer to God.”

Pensive mood at Igando General Hospital
Meanwhile, at Igando General Hospital where the deceased worked as a nurse, her colleagues were in a pensive mood. Everyone, including members of staff and patients, described late Jane Ndirika as a kind hearted nurse.

A patient, who was discharged from the hospital yesterday, said:   “She was a  good woman who always counselled one while administering drugs to patients.  Even when I was complaining about money to buy some drugs, she told me to concentrate on my health and assured that God would provide the money. True to her words, my husband was able to raise money for the drugs. Unfortunately, she is not here for me to express my gratitude for her reassuring hope.”

It was gathered that the remains of Mmesoma, the baby, was buried Tuesday night at a cemetery in Mechanic village,  around Alakija area of the state. But the corpse of late Jane Ndirika, who hailed from Anambra State, was said to have been deposited at Isolo General Hospital morgue.

Canal of entry and  escape
When Vanguard visited the canal on 4th avenue where the robbers reportedly came in, four wooden boats berthed at the shore were sighted. There was no operator nor passenger around . But some dredgers were sighted.  When approached, they all claimed not  to be around when the incident happened.

Police take fingerprints at robbery scene
Meanwhile, policemen were at the affected banks yesterday taking fingerprints . They were said to have also visited the banks hours after the robbers struck to swipe the banks for finger prints and anything that could give them a lead in the ongoing investigation.
It was also gathered that an inquiry would be instituted against the  mobile policemen deployed to guard the banks.



No comments:

Post a Comment