Sunday, November 22, 2015

Testimony Line: I Came Out of what was Left of my Car Alive!

I found this beautiful testimony on a friends Facebook wall and couldn't stop myself from sharing it. And it may interest you from the day it was posted (14th Nov) on Facebook, it has had moire than 100,000 thousand shares. Don't stop sharing this amazing story of God wondrous work you may save a soul. Read the testimony after the cut.


"I have debated whether to post these pictures or not. I truly hope that these images do not open wounds for any of my friends, but I have to share this story. October 30, 2015 I was on my way to work when I was rear ended on the interstate. I was at a complete stop, waiting to get off at an exit. The person who hit me was going full speed and spun me out across the interstate. 

According to the police report, my vehicle was struck multiple times. I do not remember any of the impacts beyond the initial hit. I just remember hearing a loud noise and then feeling my car spinning. I remember looking out my window (as I was struggling with consciousness) and seeing cars heading towards me. I remember thinking that I needed to straighten my car out, but I couldn't reach my steering wheel. (I realized after the fact that my seat had failed and was completely flat in my back seat. This action alone should have broken my neck or spine.) In that moment, I knew that I was about to die. I share this because I felt no sorrow at that thought. I just knew I was about to see Jesus and felt no fear. 

After my car stopped and I realized that I was still very much alive, normal confusion and fear took over as I was unsure of what had actually just happened. I suffered cuts, bruises and have a great deal of pain on my left side. I'm also suffering from the after effects of a concussion, but I'm ALIVE!!! All this to say that in that one moment, the moment where death seemed imminent, I was ok. I was ok because I knew that God had made a way for me to spend eternity with Him. That way is through my relationship with Jesus Christ. I know that I am a sinner and that sin serves as a separation between God and I. When Jesus died and then rose from the dead 2,000 years ago, he took the punishment for my sins upon himself and created a bridge for me to rest in the security of God's love and mercy for all eternity. When death seemed unavoidable, I was ready to see my God and Savior. 

I share this because no one knows what the next day will bring. I wasn't speeding or distracted. There was literally nothing I could have done to avoid this accident. If you were in the same place, would you know for sure where you stand with God? I'm not sure why God allowed me to live, when many others in similar circumstances have not. But I hope that my story encourages everyone who reads it to make sure that they know where they stand with God. If you're unsure, please don't wait or procrastinate! Tomorrow is not guaranteed for anyone! If you're unsure, start in the book of Luke in the New Testament and of course, I will always take time to talk with anyone. This is too important! You have nothing to lose by reading a book, but everything to gain! Blessings to everyone!"
  
Testifier:  Kailey Collins's


No comments:

Post a Comment